[ltp] Network autoconfiguration failed with 760e (debian Sarge floppy)

Bert Haskins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 09 Aug 2006 09:45:19 -0400

thinkpadr31@lkv.mailshell.com wrote:

> Yep, I'm trying a net install with boot, root, and net floppies on the
> Thinkpad 760e with no CD-ROM.   It only has 40 MB of memory, so the

I really don't think that you have enough memory for any of the
mainsteam Linux distros.
When I moved from FC2 to FC3, quite some time ago, the machine performance
went right down into the mud.
I quickly found out that 128M!!! was not enough, 256M restored the expected
speed level and of course, more is better..
There are several Linux mini distros that will work nicely and maybe one of
those will work for you.

Bert