[ltp] Packaging tp_smapi using module-assistant?

Shem Multinymous linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 23:03:58 +0300

Hi,

On 8/10/06, Andrew Barr <andrew.james.barr@gmail.com> wrote:
> What does this patch modify in the kernel? Would it be possible to
> generate updated modules and use a technique like that described above
> to deliver them to users' computers in a tpsmapi-modules package? Or
> does it patch something that is in the bzImage?

Alas, it affects the bzImage. There's some machine identification
stuff we need to have looked at and stored during boot, to make sure
it's safe to do our port IO.

> I generate the patches by editing the Makefile to point to each of the
> kernel trees (2.6.15, .16, and .17) and then run 'make patch'. Does this
> include the DMI decoding patch in the resulting diff? I thought I saw
> some output that might indicate that but I want to be sure.

Yes, I checked your patch (2.6.17) and it's fine.

BTW, you don't need to edit the Makefile, just do
make clean && make patch HDAPS=1 KSRC=/tmp/linux-2.6.15 KVER=2.6.15

  Shem