[ltp] getting APM running on a TP 570E

Luigi de Guzman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:42:55 -0400

------=_Part_151306_8032835.1155328975047

I've been trying to get APM suspend and hibernate on my 570E...totally
without success.

I installed according to this method (I am the OP of this thread, btw):

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=224723&highlight=570e

I have tried to get APM working by creating a hibernation partition, but
even with a properly-made suspend2dsk.bin file in a properly-formatted and
sized and mounted partition, any attempt to suspend or hibernate the
thinkpad results in a hard lockup.

Has anyone been able to get ubuntu running satisfactorily on this model
thinkpad?  Alternatively, is there a distro that is known to work with full
APM suspend/hibernate using the FnKeys?

Thanks a lot in advance--

-Luigi