[ltp] Vodafone UMTS

Carles Pina i Estany linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 23:19:31 +0200

Hello,

I am a new Thinkpad user. I have T60 model :-) since yesterday, and
everything is mainly fine.

Under battery place, there was a SIM slot with SIM card. I have two
questions:
a) is it possible to use it with Linux? I have used UMTS PCMCIA card
without any problem, but I don't know how to use it. Is it a usual
modem? In which device? I don't see it in lshw, not in ttyS..., not in
lsusb, etc. Has anyone used it?

b) I booted Windows XP for only a moment. Then resizing the partition I
corrupted it. On first time, I saw a message saying "call to this
number, tell this numbers and you will be able to use it". Does anybody
knows if and how I can activate that card without this numbers? I think
that I will have to reinstall a Windows XP, install something from
Lenovo web page and get the numbers again...

Thank you very much,

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona