[ltp] Re: OT: Google Release GoogleEarth Linux

Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:03:34 -0400

On 8/11/06, D. Sen <dsen@ieee.org> wrote:
> Using the latest (CVS) Mesa, drm and  xf86-video-ati (git) results in
> googleearth producing the following lines (again):
>
> *********************************WARN_ONCE*********************************
> File r300_render.c function r300Fallback line 412
> Software fallback:ctx->Line.SmoothFlag
>
> So, it looks like the relevant line in r300_render.c needs to be
> commented out again to enable googleearth (and other applications) to
> use 3D acceleration. Why hasnt the line been commented out in CVS?

Because it's not a bug!  the r300 drivers does not currently support
smooth lines in hardware so when a GL app calls for them they have to
be drawn with software.  You cannot just arbitrarily ignore certain
primitives.  Not drawing the line may not produce a noticeable
difference in googleearth, but it may in other apps.

Alex