[ltp] Ubuntu Dapper vs. ThinkPad X41 (Tablet) suspend

Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 13 Aug 2006 15:01:12 +0200

Thanks for your response, Peter!

Peter Frühberger:

> Am Sonntag, 13. August 2006 14:37 schrieb Shot (Piotr Szotkowski):

>> To make a long story short: after waking up from a suspend, Ubuntu
>> Dapper puts me either in a very-light-gray screen or in a text cosole
>> stating ‘inu’ (the middle letters from Linux, I presume).

> could you try following:

> change /etc/default/acpi-support
> the corresponding values to:

> SAVE_VBE_STATE=false

This is off by default.

> POST_VIDEO=false
> USE_DPMS=false

I changed these, but no dice – this time I ended up in the ‘inu’
console, was able to switch to X, see a black screen, move the white
arrow cursor around it, but upon switching back to console I got
a screen with hippie coluorful strips running through it (and I couldn’t
login blindly ‘below’ and reboot). I was able to switch between the
blank X and colourful console, but that was that; I had to reboot it
forcefully.

-- Shot
--
You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better
imaginary friend.             -- Yasir Arafat on religious wars