[ltp] Ubuntu Dapper vs. ThinkPad X41 (Tablet) suspend

Sun, 13 Aug 2006 23:30:34 +0300

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 04:32:52PM +0200, Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) wrote:
> Shot (Piotr Szotkowski):
>=20
> > After some more hit-or-misses and and offline input
> > from my friend I actually arrived at a working suspend;
>=20
> Not really, no; it might=92ve worked once, but I get a repeatable fails
> every time now. After a resume the system can=92t access the disk,
> throwing out I/O errors and, for example, not being able to access
> /sbin/shutdown for the three-finger salute.
>=20
> It seems very similar to [1], but that page sates that Ubuntu Breezy
> already includes the proper patch; could it be that Dapper has
> a regression with regards to this patch and that=92s why Breezy woke
> up from a suspend properly while Dapper doesn=92t?

Did you file a bug in http://launchpad.net?  The Ubuntu developers
should be told about bugs like this.

I run Dapper on my T42.  Suspend used to work like a charm initially,
then Ubuntu released a kernel security update that broke suspend, and a
couple of days later a new version of acpi-support fixed it.

One caveat is that the new kernel comes from the ubuntu-security
repository, while the new acpi-support comes from ubuntu-updates.  I do
not know if the ubuntu-updates repository is included in
/etc/sources.list by default.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
I am right now in the process of reading the Xft source code (the suspense =
near
the end of Chapter 7 is unbearable) [...]
	-- Juliusz Chroboczek

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp--