[ltp] Ubuntu Dapper vs. ThinkPad X41 (Tablet) hibernation

Peter Frühberger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:02:22 +0200

Am Montag, 14. August 2006 11:34 schrieb Shot (Piotr Szotkowski):
> Peter Frühberger:
> > Am Montag, 14. August 2006 10:17 schrieb Shot (Piotr Szotkowski):
> >> (Tomorrow: why does hibernation attempts stop with a ‘cannot
> >> find a swap device’-ish kind of error and drop me back to GNOM=
E?)

> > Please look in /boot/grub/menu.lst if you have successfully
> > added resume=/dev/XXX for your swap partition
>
> (And people wonder why I so firmly believe in
> public humiliation bringing instant gratification.)
>
> Thanks again, Peter! Not only does hibernation work,
> it seems to work much faster than it did in Breezy.
>
> (Is 1584 MiB of swap enough for 1508 MiB
> of RAM, or will it bite me some day?)
>
> (Tomorrow: how to get rid of the dreadful disk unloading clicking
> sound, when `hdparm -B 255` doesn’t work on SATA drives and
> `while true; do touch /tmp/touch; sleep 10; done` seems like
> an ugly and strainful overkill.)
>
> <off-topic>
>
> > "The Death of One is a tragedy, the Death
> > of Millions is just a statistic" - M.M.
>
> Isn’t this a famous Stalin quote? Hmmm, now that I checked
> http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Joseph_Stalin it does seem to
> be in the ‘Unsourced’ section, though.
>
> </off-topic>
>
> -- Shot

This is a hitachi drive? perhaps you can use the hitachi feature tool and
change the Advanced PM Level to sth. else within this tool.

LG
Peter
--
"The Death of One is a tragedy, the Death of Millions is just a statistic" -
M.M.

		    Key-ID:     0x1A995A9B
		    keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
Fingerprint: 4606 DA19 EC2E 9A0B 0157  C81B DA07 CF63 1A99 5A9B