[ltp] T23: ubuntu kernel, modem, ...

Marco Gaiarin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 23:22:56 +0200

Mandi! Bernard Tremblay
  In chel d? si favelave...

BT> Could it be that your modem is a Mars chipset ?

Good hint. Mars code works well!!!

BT> Also I have seen comments about the module being not SMP compatible  unless
BT> you boot up in UMP (uniprocessor mode).  It may be your case if you have a
BT> dual core CPU.

Also this seems a good hint. Infact Ubuntu ship ltmodem/ltserial module on
restricted-modules package only in 383 flavour (the generic, UP kernels)
module that are not present in 686 falvour (PPro+ and SMP).

My box are uniprocessor (PIII 1GHz), but probably ltmodem/ltserial are indeed
not usable in SMP kernels...

--
  Chiss? perch? quando si sbaglia numero il telefono non ? mai occupato.
							(Beppe Grillo)