[ltp] Fedora Core 5 & T43: Suspend & resume?

Charles E "Rick" Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:51:03 -0400

On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 09:38 -0500, Clark Williams wrote:

> Actually, I think it's because there is no clear consensus on what
> should happen when the lid is closed. I prefer suspend to RAM but
> others like to keep going due to multi-head configurations and still
> others like suspend to disk. So...

The real problem is that you have to go poking about in text files to
configure what should be a "simple" thing - what to do when the lid is
closed.

*I* know how to make the changes (I prefer the screen to blank/lock on
lid close and *not* suspend the laptop, since suspend-to-RAM is often
unreliable).  That leaves me having to muck about in text files to "fix"
my wife's computer so it suspends to disk when the lid is closed, etc.

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <rick@rickandpatty.com>
*  Web: http://www.rickandpatty.com
* Blog: http://shrimpandgrits.rickandpatty.com