[ltp] Light spot on LCD T40

Igor V. Rafienko linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:28:24 +0200 (MEST)

on Aug 15, 2006, 19:00, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:

[ ... ]

> I have a larger spot on my T42 screen. No individual pixels though,
> just a zone that is darker than the rest of the screen. It's rather
> annoying when viewing documents or web pages with a black background.
> No idea what it can be :(

I had a similar issue on my T43. IBM replaced the panel under warranty
without too much persuasion. If the spot is clearly visible, and your
laptop is still covered, try contacting them. If not, you may want to
check with screentek (but it is going to be expensive).

ivr
--
Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until you can find a rock.