[ltp] Xubuntu with T42

Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:21:57 +0300

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 02:00:32PM +0000, Tim Ottinger wrote:
> I'm trying xubuntu on the t42 and so far have nothing but good things
> to say about it.=20
>=20
> Setup with the live cd installer was as good as any installer I've
> seen, and everything just works -- except that the suspend/hibernate
> keys aren't automagically working (any tips are welcome)

I use Ubuntu, not Xubuntu, so things may be different.

Check the /etc/default/acpi-support config file.  Uncomment the=20
ACPI_SLEEP=3Dtrue and ACPI_HIBERNATE=3Dtrue lines if those are commented
out.

In regular Ubuntu the ACPI scripts in /etc/acpi detect a running GNOME
Power Manager and defer to its settings and do nothing.  GNOME Power
Manager has its own GUI configuration tools (gnome-power-preferences),
so that's the other place to look if the config file change mentioned above
didn't give you a working suspend.  I think Xubuntu doesn't use it.

Also, if you have a recent kernel from dapper-security, make sure you
upgrade to acpi-support 0.85 from dapper-updates, otherwise suspend will
not work.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
It's my understanding that although in principle TCP can handle huge
throughputs in practice many stacks haven't been optimized for that case, so
you have to either use a utility which opens multiple TCP sessions in paral=
lel
or do something really radical like upgrade to the latest version of the li=
nux
kernel.
		-- Bram Cohen

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU