[ltp] this script controles on my t60 the cpufunctions i use

Michael Olbrich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 15:02:29 +0200

--OwLcNYc0lM97+oe1

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 11:29:15AM +0100, Alfredo Matos wrote:
> So this enables and disables the second core.
> You do this for powersave reasons i presume. Do you have a notion of the
> battery gain, i mean, how much more (in minutes) are you able to squeeze
> out of the battery ?

I have a Z61m but I think the CPU is more or less the same.
When switching from 2 CPUs at 1GHz (minimum frquency) to 1 CPU at 1GHz
the average power consumption drops by 2W. How much that is in minutes
depends on the rest of the system. For me that's about 30 minutes.

michael

--OwLcNYc0lM97+oe1

--OwLcNYc0lM97+oe1--