[ltp] T60p officially supported with SuSE SLED 10 by Levono

Osho GG linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:48:12 -0700

On 8/15/06, Rasmus Lerdorf <rasmus@lerdorf.com> wrote:
> Osho GG wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am sure many of you have seen the news stories that Levono will be
> > shipping T60p with SuSE SLED 10. More details are at
> >
> > http://www.pc.ibm.com/us/notebooks/thinkpad/t-series/workstation.html?re=home_Innov_us
>
> So how do you buy one of these?  I have been poking the Thinkpad buying
> site for a couple of days now and the Suse option still hasn't shown up
> on the OS selection list at:

Unfortunately you can't buy this from Levono with SuSE preinstalled.
You get only a DOS installed system from Levono. You have to buy SLED
10 separately from SuSE and install it on your own. What Levono will
provide is support for SLED 10.

Here is the footnote:

"* Only Novell Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 is supported. The
ThinkPad T60p Mobile Workstation does not come preloaded with SUSE
Linux. Users must obtain SUSE Linux licenses from Novell. The ThinkPad
T60p comes with DOS entitlement only and ships with a blank hard disk
drive. SUSE Linux OS will be supported by Novell, while Lenovo will
support Hardware, ThinkVantage Technologies, and drivers."

thanks,
Osho