[ltp] Re: FYI, posted to list

Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:38:58 -0300

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, Andrew Barr wrote:
> I forgot: if the EC /does/ hang, the power button won't work. So you'll
> have to unplug the AC adapter and remove the battery to power off the
> machine. It does not cause any permanent damage to the laptop, however.

As long as the battery pack is *not* charging, you mean.  If it *is*
charging, unplug AC immediately.  For all we know, the EC might be the one
doing closed-loop control of the charge current, instead of an specialized
battery charge controller that just takes high-level orders from the EC.

  Henrique Holschuh