[ltp] T60p officially supported with SuSE SLED 10 by Levono

Osho GG linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:58:05 -0700

On 8/17/06, Vivek Dasmohapatra <vivek@etla.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Osho GG wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately you can't buy this from Levono with SuSE preinstalled.
> > You get only a DOS installed system from Levono. You have to buy SLED
>
> That's still a _big_ improvement on the previous situation.
> No more unnecessary windows licence to pay for.

It is indeed a big improvement. Even bigger improvement is the fact
that they are providing rpms for various specific hardware and
functions that will work with SLED 10 and will provide support for
this.

The current product line seems to be targetted at business users who
probably have some IT support locally. They can easily handle
installing a LInux distro such as SLED. Still, I would like to see a
day when I can order it SLED preinstalled so Linux can reach the home
user masses :).

thanks,
Osho