[ltp] Re: fan control script reading 65535 RPM

Shem Multinymous linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 20:40:09 +0300

Hi,

On 8/17/06, Andrew Barr <andrew.james.barr@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Try changing
> > ANTIPULSE=( 0      1      1      0)  # Prevent fan pulsing noise at this level
> > ANTIPULSE=( 0      0      0      0)  # Prevent fan pulsing noise at this level
> > , does it make a difference?
>
> Yes, at least it made the gnome-sensors-applet stop returning 65535 every
> other read (which was the aspect that was driving me crazy).

OK, then that's all there is to it. The anti-pulsing hack disables RPM
updates and this affects both the embedded controller (which is why it
works) and ACPI (which is why it sucks). My machine keeps returning
the last read RPM, though, so it's less annoying.

  Shem