[ltp] Re: FYI, posted to list

David Abrahams linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:02:21 -0400

"Shem Multinymous" <multinymous@gmail.com> writes:

> On 8/17/06, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, Andrew Barr wrote:
>> > +1610-161f : batteryport
>>
>> That's the EC LPC3B range.  Do *not* load this module at the same time as
>> hdaps, thinkpad_ec or tp_smapi.
>
> Strongly agreed.
>
> But just now, for testing, please *do* try loading the binary module
> and hdaps (or thinkpad_ec) simultaneously, with you there to reboot in
> case of hang, and tell the list what happens so we'll know how loudly
> to warn the general public.
>
> BTW, I guess the only way IBM can fix this is by using thinkpad_ec or
> contributing their own equivalent. :-)

Please tell me exactly what steps to take, and tell me what to do when
something goes wrong.  Even if you're asking me to follow Andrew's
directions, please repeat them, because his notes are spread across a
couple messages and I want to have everything in one place.

Note: Doing the test with no battery in the machine is one option.

Thanks,

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting