[ltp] Re: APM suspend/hibernate: 570E, ubuntu dapper

Axel Braun linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:23:09 +0200

Luigi de Guzman wrote:

> The hibernation partition-- what type of hibernation partition do I have
> make?  is it a0 (IBM hidden hibernation)?  Is it a regular vfat?

I think you need a FAT, as APM is driven by the BIOS

> My
> thinkpad has 320 mb of RAM + 2.5 MB vram:  is that too big for msdosfs?

No.

> when I change the partition type, do I also have to make a new filesystem?

Yes, a FAT16

> Does the hibernation partition have to be mounted, and if so, how and
> where?

No, i dont think so.
You need to create a hibernation file. Either you use a DOS program (I think
it was called PS2.exe), or you google to find the Linux script that does
this. I know there is one, but currently no idea where I found it....

Cheers
Axel

--
Linux on a ThinkPad: www.axxite.com/brn