[ltp] Getting parport into ECP mode?

Onno Benschop linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 22:32:54 +1000

On 18/08/06 16:38, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> I've unsuccessfully tried to get the parallel port into ECP mode under
> LINUX 2.6.14.4 on my T41.  The BIOS settings that I tried (mode was
> always ECP):
>  =20
Not sure if this helps you, but on my R52 (18586MM) I noticed weird=20
behaviour with the parallel port. I can set its mode fine within the=20
BIOS screen, but after a sleep it no longer works. Rebooting fixes it=20
until the next sleep.

I suppose, what I'm asking or suggesting is, does the behaviour change=20
any before/after sleep?

Note that I'm only sharing my anomaly which might help you with yours -=20
or not :-)

--=20
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S27=B052'34" - E151=B015'43" (Millmerran, QLD)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

Proudly supported by Skipper Trucks, Highway1, Concept AV, Sony Central, =
Dalcon
ITmaze   -   ABN: 56 178 057 063   -  ph: 04 1219 8888   -   onno@itmaze.=
com.au