[ltp] Re: some windows and some linux question

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:44:20 -0400

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 13:27 -0400, Andrew Barr wrote:
> Lots of people swear by the new NTFS-3G program, however. It is
> available from http://www.linux-ntfs.org/ from the same people who
> develop the kernelspace filesystem driver.

I can confirm that it successfully migrated 143GiB of our personal music
collection (ripped from collector CDs my wife and I own, irreplacable)
from an XFS partition to an NTFS partition that her WinXP laptop could
read, without a single hiccup.

I can't say whether or not it works in a read/write capacity, but for
static data like ogg and flac files, it worked flawlessly for us.

--
David A. Desrosiers
desrod gnu-designs com

"Erosion of civil liberties... is a threat to national security."