[ltp] enhanced realtime clock support on ThinkPad T23

Martin Steigerwald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 19:28:11 +0200

Am Dienstag 22 August 2006 19:13 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:

 [chrony]
> Yet it doesn't synchronize the hardware clock with the system clock:

[...]

> Any hints how to get it working? It doesn't matter as long as I use
> Debian with my chrony setup, but when I boot to my parallel SUSE 10.1
> installation the clock is wrong.

Replying to myself... I didn't yet completely understand chrony. With
rtcfile config option chrony saves real time clock parameters to adjust
the system clock when the system has been powered down. It doesn't tell
chrony to adjust the real time clock itself.

The "trimrtc" command does this and this one works with the kernel module
genrtc. Well lets see whether I find a way to tell chrony to do that
regularly - it really makes sense to me. Otherwise a chrony job will have
to do that job.

Best would be to have a out of box solution, but it I fiddled around with
it long enough, so I can apply just another fix so that is works as I -
and IMHO any user - would expect it to.