[ltp] Explore radeon(4) features, especially mergedfb and Metamodes.

Eric Van Buggenhaut linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 02:04:42 +0200

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 09:59:36PM +0200, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Hello.
>
> The last days i found some time to play around with the settings of the
> radeon driver. I focused on two goals here:
>
> 1. Improve the handling of an external LCD or beamer via vga. Especially
> "hotplug" teh monitor after X is already started. Also ynamically
> switching between clone mode and mergedfb pseudo-Xinerama. Of course
> with different resolutions. 1400x1050 on the internal LCD and mostly
> 1280x1024 on the external one.

Could you post your config ? I'm trying to get a 1400x1050 resolution
on the LCD panel and 1280x1024 on the external vga but I've been
unsuccesful until now.

--
Eric VAN BUGGENHAUT
Eric.VanBuggenhaut@AdValvas.be