[ltp] Using vmware on linux-thinkpad t60

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:45:36 -0400

You're saying that Windows XP runs OK in VMware but not when run
natively on the machine?  I assume this was a fresh install of Windows
XP on the machine, not the factory install or something done by the
recovery system?

If so, you need to go into the BIOS, change the SATA to "compatibility
mode" or something like that, boot into Windows, install the SATA
driver in Windows, and then you can reboot and go back into the BIOS
and reset the SATA mode and you should be able to boot into both
Windows and Linux.

Thanks,
     Aaron