[ltp] strange keyboard problem on t60 2007-63G

JP Renaud linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:53:11 +0100

> Date: Thursday 24 August 2006 13:43
> From: Florian Manschwetus <florianmanschwetus@gmx.de>
> It happens completely random and seldom, that my keyboard didn't work
> suddenly while I am working with my t60, also when I am typing something
> just in the word. Then works nothing no keyboard events no acpi events,
> but the trackpoint still works and i can switch it off hardly by
> pressing the power button for 4 seconds. (I am not so sure about the
> acpi stuff, may be i am wrong with it.)

I had this  with my thinkpad (R51 1829-9MG) too. Random loss of keyboard and
only trackpoint left ( +USB mouse if I remember well)
IBM changed the system board and that fixed it.

--
JP Renaud
Dingwall, UK

http://www.jprenaud.info