[ltp] a question about thinkpad history

Igor V. Rafienko linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:44:45 +0200 (MEST)

on Aug 24, 2006, 09:34, fire-eyes wrote:

> Now back on topic. I have a T43, it's got an X300 in it. Guess what
> ati's very latest drivers do? If I suspend to ram, that works fine. When
> I come back, it hangs the system hard and I have to run around doing
> fscks and sometimes end up with damaged filesystems.

That is an issue with your particular kernel/fglrx configuration. sus2ram
and wakeup works fine here (X300).

> Another real stinker, is every time I log into any WM/DE using any DM,
> that works fine. But when it is time to log out of said WM/DE and
> bounced back to the DM, boom, total system hang. Again, often requiring
> a fsck of all filesystems and sometimes leading to damage.

May be an issue with the config of that particular DM. gdm and
(next-to)/latest fglrx work fine here. (Admittedly, I had that issue
a while ago).

ivr
--
"You have an internet connection on your calculator."
"You can type 70 words per minute -- on a TI-82."