[ltp] Re: Undocking?

Stefan Schmidt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 23:51:22 +0200

--V32M1hWVjliPHW+c

Hello.

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 17:41, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On 8/23/06, Stefan Schmidt <stefan@sostec.de> wrote:
> >
> >But i'm not firm with the ibm-acpi code either with the new docking
> >driver so perhaps i_m wrong.
>=20
> ibm_acpi is going to need some work to interact properly with the new
> acpi docking code.  right now they both try and claim/use the same
> acpi parts.

Yes, i've seen all the ifdef's around the docking code. Once the
generic docking solution is running stable docking functionality
should be removed from ibm-acpi.

But it seems Borislav is disappeared shortly after the driver was
merged into main. No real updates since the initial merge.

As the driver is solid, this is no problem. But website needs update
and the experimental parts aren't experimental anymore.

We will see if he replies to my get-rid-of-experimental patch.

regards
Stefan Schmidt

--V32M1hWVjliPHW+c

--V32M1hWVjliPHW+c--