[ltp] Explore radeon(4) features, especially mergedfb and Metamodes.

Stefan Schmidt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 00:14:38 +0200

--X1xGqyAVbSpAWs5A

Hello.

On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 20:52, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
>=20
> I'll wait for the new randr stuff from keithp and will hopefully find
> some time to test your radeon superpatch.

And here i am. ;)

I need some funny things to do in the evening after learning for my
exams the whole day.

I tried to apply your superpatch to xf86-video-ati-X11R7.1-6.6.0 and
the Debian source package xserver-xorg-video-ati-6.5.8.0.
Unfortunately i both failed. On a first look it doesn't seem quick
fixable by me.

What version is your patch based on? git?

If it would be possible to use 6.5.8.0 as base i would prefer this.
This way a could easily test with my running system without a hassle.

Some words to my DVI setup. I use a portreplicator with a normal 17"
LG monitor (1280x1024).

regards
Stefan Schmidt

--X1xGqyAVbSpAWs5A