[ltp] a question about thinkpad history

Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:32:45 +1000

--=-0DowizapDB5DU/5nm64L

>  ...when a graficcard is needed... (in means of power) and my interest=20
> was not to change it. I only like to know why the decision against was=20
> taken.

Hehe, to try answering your question - not that i would know, really - i
see two reasons why they would:

1. It is easier to concentrate on one particualar vendor than to offer
different options. Means less things to bother with during design.

2. Exclusive deals are a common practice. IBMs supply contract with ATI
might have involved the exclusive use of ATI solutions for dedicated
graphics.

Andr=E9.

--=-0DowizapDB5DU/5nm64L

--=-0DowizapDB5DU/5nm64L--