[ltp] Re: Re: Re: EC Hanging with latest tp-smapi (0.29)

TNKS linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 27 Aug 2006 00:58:34 -0500

Shem,

Sorry for the late reply.

I tried your patch, but it didn't patch for me on a pristine 0.29 tp_smapi.

        $ patch -p1 --dry-run < ../tp_smapi-0.29_2.patch
        patching file thinkpad_ec.c
        Hunk #3 succeeded at 155 with fuzz 2.
        Hunk #4 succeeded at 203 with fuzz 1.
        Hunk #5 FAILED at 219.
        Hunk #6 FAILED at 236.
        Hunk #7 FAILED at 296.
        Hunk #8 FAILED at 333.
        4 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file thinkpad_ec.c.rej
        patching file tp_smapi.c
        Hunk #1 FAILED at 1105.
        1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file tp_smapi.c.rej

I probably won't have the time to figure it out too soon, but maybe you can
figure out what happened... maybe make another patch?

I'm eager to help you, if you haven't yet given up.  I've been thinking
about whether this has anything to do with faulty hardware.  I'm not
leaning towards believing this.  My computer has been pretty reliable thus
far, but I certainly don't want to waste your time.

- Sukant