[ltp] SCSI peripherals on a Thinkpad ?

Joerg Bruehe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 27 Aug 2006 19:11:17 +0200

Dear list members,

besides my IBM Thinkpad (R51), I operate desktop machines, and for these
I have SCSI tape drives.
Due to historic reasons, I have some spare drives, and it sure would be
great to connect one to my Thinkpad.

I know it is unlikely, but I still ask:

Does anybody here know any possibility to operate a SCSI device (SCSI-2:
single-ended, narrow) from a Thinkpad ?

Theoretically, I could imagine a converter from USB, like the one for
IDE disks in external casings - has anybody ever heard of such a thing ?
Or a PCMCIA card ?

(Yes, I know I can access them via ssh and pipes, and that 'tar' handles
the notation "host:device", so I really ask about direct connection.)

Regards,
Joerg

--
Joerg Bruehe  - persoenliche Aeusserung / speaking only for himself
mailto:joerg.bruehe@web.de