[ltp] Request: EC dump information for A3x/X3x/T3x Thinkpads

Mon, 28 Aug 2006 03:29:22 -0300

Could people with a ThinkPad A3x, T3x or X3x or X40 (and older models)
please reply with the output of /proc/acpi/ibm/ecdump (requires loading the
ibm-acpi module with the "experimental=1" parameter)?

The objective of this request is to make sure that the C0-C7 range of ecdump
returns 0x00 for machines that support only a maximum of 8 thermal sensors.
Some google and reading shows that the latest machines with less than 9
thermal sensors were probably the ?3x models and the X40.

This information will be used to improve ibm-acpi to do the right thing, and
return all available sensors in newer Thinkpads (which support up to 16
sensors, as we know from ThinkWiki, although we have had no reports of
models with more than 11 sensors so far).

  Henrique Holschuh