[ltp] Re: Success with fglrx 8.28.8?

TNKS linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 01:36:53 -0500

David Abrahams wrote:e reverted to the previous

(http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Dapper_Installation_Guide#Method_2:_Generating.2FInstalling_Ubuntu_packages_for_the_8.28.8_drivers_in_Ubuntu_Dapper_Manually)
> and until I discovered that page with the help of an ATI employee, I
> was totally lost.  I hope this helps.

Hmm, this seems more like a basic installation page.  I didn't follow these
directions exactly, but more or less did the same thing (the same method of
installation that works fine for the previous version 8.27.10).  I really
hate the way ATI tries to take complete control of the xorg.conf file
instead of just properly documenting fglrx with a man page.  I'll make a
copy of my old xorg.conf and try their "aticonfig --initial" configuration.

However, given the nature of my problem (a really weird hang, but only when
I exit X), I'm not sure this is going to fix it.

Anyone else got any ideas or experience with 8.28.8?

- Sukant