[ltp] Request: EC dump information for A3x/X3x/T3x Thinkpads

Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:21:13 -0300

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, wes schreiner wrote:
> >please reply with the output of /proc/acpi/ibm/ecdump (requires loading the
> >ibm-acpi module with the "experimental=1" parameter)?
> Heh, it requires recompiling my kernel so that ibm_acpi is a module and
> not built in.

Using "ibm_acpi.experimental=1" in the kernel command line might work too,
but ibm-acpi is in dire need of some cleanup work so I am not sure if it
will.

> This is from a T30 2366-JBU, one of the last T30's made, I think.
[...]
> EC 0xc0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Thanks for the report!

So far, so good.  It appears IBM indeed did the sane thing and got all
unused EC space to be 0x00, which I was betting on after a lot of googling,
and finding out for just how MUCH time the EC registers have been kept with
full backwards compatibility (hint: look at ibm-acpi supported models page
:-p).

I hope to get a few more emails about other models, though, before feeling
sure about the issue :-)

  Henrique Holschuh