[ltp] Re: Any ACPI event for plugging in monitors?

Stefan Schmidt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 22:09:39 +0200

--u65IjBhB3TIa72Vp

Hello.

On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 16:04, David Abrahams wrote:
> Stefan Schmidt <stefan@sostec.de> writes:
>=20
> > On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 13:37, David Abrahams wrote:
> >>=20
> >> I'd like to take some action whenever an external monitor is
> >> plugged/unplugged from my T60p.
> >
> > This has nothing to do with ACPI, as it is only related to your
> > graphic system. =20
>=20
> I'm not sure you've understood me.

Perhaps. You ask for an acpi event when you hotplug an external
monitor. There is none.

> > This is a limitation in X.org. But keithp is on the
> > way to make monitor hotplug possible with the new randr.
>=20
> My driver already supports monitor hotplug; it disables monitors when
> they're unplugged at least, and xrandr is used to ensure the desktop
> fits on what remains.  I just don't know how to initiate some action
> when a hotplug/hotunplug happens.

You're talking about the binary blob from ati, fglrx, right? Never
used, so no help. Good luck.

regards
Stefan Schmidt

--u65IjBhB3TIa72Vp