[ltp] Re: EC Hanging with latest tp-smapi (0.29)

TNKS linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:16:26 -0500

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> I *did* notice something weird in my T43 with the very *last* input line
> in the dump request, and now that I know it is there, it also shows in
> your
> dump too.  That would mean only the *last* change in the patch (the for
> loop) has some chance of being the culprit.

Henrique, Shem,

I think Henrique was absolutely right.  I did the kind of experimentation he
was looking for and changing 0x08 back to 0x0b was the only change that
broke the patch.

My current system has the necessary 0x08 guard on the arg0 looping,
the "ndelay(1000)" line commented out, and also TPC_REQUEST_RETRIES set
back to 100.  And it doesn't hang when I poll dump.

By the way, I can't believe this, but www.sneakemail.com seems to have lost
its domain sometime today.  I'm completely flustered about this, because I
have a TON of stuff set up with Sneakemail, including my subscription to
this mailing list.  It would appear I can send E-mails, but not receive
them.  Fortunately, I read the list via GMane via a newsgroup client.  Just
letting you know in case some mail that you've sent to me bounces back.
But I'll see any posts you send to the list.  I look at the list through
GMane pretty regularly these days.

- Sukant