[ltp] Comparison: rovclock and PowerPlay

Matthias Redlich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:38:31 +0200

Hello,

I use a ThinkPad R52 with an ATI Radeon Mobility x300. I have always used fglrx with ATI Powerplay to save power. I am using my laptop for office tasks and programming only so I do not need extraordninary graphics.

Now I wonder whether rovclock or Powerplay is better for power saving and lower temperature (fan always-on problem). Has anybody got a comparison? What about temperature? Do you have other good hints to reduce the power consumption of your ATI card?

Or do I have to test it on my own? ;)

Regards
Matthias