[ltp] Re: Fglrx 8.28.8 promises Fn-F7 toggling. Anyone got it working?

TNKS linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:02:05 -0500

David Abrahams wrote:

> TNKS <0osz0s302@sneakemail.com> writes:
>
>> The second feature ibm_acpi provides is a "video" interface that on the
>> surface looks like it offers a way to enable/disable the LVDS or CRT, and
>> even a way to to cycle through video modes. However, it doesn't work on
>> my system (evidently it's not necessarily supposed to according to the
>> table on http://ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net/).
>>
>> Does the fglrx driver only support Fn-F7 video toggling if it's supported
>> by ibm_acpi?
>
>   echo 0xffff > /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey
>
> will help you.  I just made a long post about my experiences with
> video toggling on this list with lots more info in it.

Looks like the mask is already set that way, but I tried both enabling and
disabling this mask. . . no go.

$ more hotkey
status:         enabled
mask:           0xffff
commands:       enable, disable, reset, <mask>

I'll read you post's thread though and see if I can fish out more
information.

- Sukant