[ltp] Re: Fglrx 8.28.8 promises Fn-F7 toggling. Anyone got it working?

TNKS linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:35:10 -0500

David Abrahams wrote:

>> Does the fglrx driver only support Fn-F7 video toggling if it's supported
>> by ibm_acpi?
>
>   echo 0xffff > /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey
>
> will help you.  I just made a long post about my experiences with
> video toggling on this list with lots more info in it.

David,

So  I think the hotkey setting might be independent of the more important
issue -- does the /proc/acpi/ibm/video interface work for you?  Because the
hotkey stuff just handles Fn-F7.  Does

    echo video_switch > /proc/acpi/ibm video

do the toggling for you?

I'm thinking that the Fn-F7 promises of the latest fglrx driver only hold
true on systems that had /proc/acpi/ibm/video working in the first place.
But I'm not sure.  Maybe someone else can support or refute this claim.

- Sukant