[ltp] Re: Fglrx 8.28.8 promises Fn-F7 toggling. Anyone got it working?

David Abrahams linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 08:54:33 -0400

Alfredo Matos <alfredo.matos@digitalself.org> writes:

> When BigDesktop is enabled, X and gnome/gdm always think that there are
> two screen.

I don't seem to have that enabled in my xorg.conf.

> What i've been trying to do since yesterday night was to detect screen
> presence on X startup, and the set xrandr accordingly. That is, if only
> one display (lvds) then set 1400x1050 (my native resolution), instead of
> the 2800x1050 that it starts up with. But i haven't managed to do
> this,

I think the open-source radeon driver authors probably know how ;-)

> since the Xsession scrips don't mind my xrandr (i think it's too soon to
> run xrandr, not sure).

I see.  Well there's also some option with fglrx to set the

> Also, another question: is there a way to autodetect the second
> monitor ? As in resolution, hsync, vrefresh values ? I can live with
> a sort of options menu like the one presented on thinkwiki, but i
> rather have autodetection :)

You've reached the limits of my expertise ;-)

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting