[ltp] Cure for overly sensitive touchpad?

David Abrahams linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:43:00 -0400

Andrew Barr <andrew.james.barr@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 10:30 -0400, David Abrahams wrote:
>> Does anyone know a cure for the touchpad that responds to my palms as
>> I type and moves the mouse cursor all over the place as a result?
>
> The synaptics X.org input driver supports palm detection, provided your
> touchpad supports it. Look at the synaptics(5) man page for the options
> to add to your xorg.conf.

Do you know if there's any way to adjust this without restarting the
X server?  The palm width and minz options in particular seem like
they'd incur a lot of server restarts to get right.  I have qsynaptics
installed, but it doesn't have that option in the interface.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting