[ltp] Ubuntu 6.06 - multiple serverlayouts

nate linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:40:59 -0400

I have 2 correctly working serverlayout sections in xorg.conf, but can't
figure out a way to get one versus the other to be used when X/gdm
starts.

The default runlevel in ubuntu is 2.

I moved /etc/rc2.d/S13gdm to KS13gdm so that gdm does not start by
default. Then I would login at a text screen, run startx -- -layout
NAME. Then do telinit 3 or /etc/init.d/gdm start.

However, X seems to start with whichever serverlayout is first in the
file xorg.conf.

Are there any ubuntu users that can point me to a guide or enlighten me
on a procedure to let me pick the serverlayout? There are so many ubuntu
guides, I must not have found the right one yet.

This is important to me because I take my laptop with me sometimes.

Thanks,
Nathan