[ltp] OT: Mount an kubuntu-iso

Florian Dorpmueller linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:45:20 +0000

I am trying to boot my R51 for testing with an kubuntu-iso-image.

So far I have put the image together with the kernel and the initrd in a new
directory called /iso. The next step will be to tell the kernel how to boot
the system. Until yet I have added the following to menu.lst from grub:

title           Dapper-testing
root            (hd0,5)
kernel          /iso/vmlinuz root=/dev/ram ramdisk_size=1048576
init=/etc/init lang=de fromiso=/iso/kubuntu-6.06.1-desktop-i386.iso
apm=power-off nomce quiet alsa splash
initrd          /iso-kubuntu/initrd.gz

This makes the kernel start to boot but he stops with telling me that the
root-filesystem cannot be mounted. "root=..." and "init=..." seems to be not
correct.

Hopefully some here has an idea.

Florian