[ltp] Re: Re: Re: Re: EC Hanging with latest tp-smapi (0.29)

TNKS linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 20:37:50 -0500

Shem Multinymous wrote:

> Hi Henrique, Sukant,
>
> Sorry for my silence, I'm temporarily flooded.
>
> From what you found out, it looks like the minimal fix is to change
> 0x0b to 0x0a (and try to understand why 0x0a also caused a thinkpad_ec
> warning once).
>
> I'll add the rest of the changes (except for the udelay and double
> status check) in my patch to the next tp_smapi release too.
>
>   Shem

All right, so it seems we've tapped out all of our first round of leads for
experimentation?  I'm happy to help out more, but it's really too bad that
my Thinkpad is one of the few models to exhibit this problem.  Surely
there's another T42 user out there.  The T42 is probably still too new of a
model for you guys to find one on the cheap.  Maybe you'll luck out an find
one.

I'm not sure if bringing the loop guard from 0x0b down to 0x0a or 0x08 will
indefinitely delay the urgency of this problem (a permanent bandaid), or if
you'll have eventually figure out what's going on because it will crop up
somewhere else.

I'll look out for the next tp_smapi.  In the meantime, I have a patched
version installed.

Thanks for helping me work through this issue at least this far.

- Sukant