[ltp] TP 770z

Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:10:47 +0100

*** TheTechGuy *** wrote:
> Knoppix ( & puppy linux) wont load on my thinkpad 770.
> FC4 runs fine on this machine.
> The final error is Kernal Panic, wont sync.
> I have fastboot turned OFF in the Bios.
> I've tried several differnt things, but to no avail.
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
> Rick

Try the various no_xxx options to knoppix.

See if you can get:
    knoppix 2 noacpi noapic nolapic
to work. Also try things like nousb

Once you find a minimal booting system, try removing the no_xxx's until
you find which xxx is the problem. F2 or F3 at boot gives you a list.

knoppix 2 boots into text mode, so it should be quicker to test this way.

For what it's worth, I had a 770, and knoppix was fine on it - but this
was back a couple of  years, with knoppix at version 3.1 ish.

Lastly, you can see what options fedora is using - try
   cat /proc/cmdline
once fedora is running.

HTH.

Richard