[ltp] Lenovo/Thinkpad 90W power supply temperature

jeff linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 22:47:00 -0500

On Friday 01 December 2006 18:58, Hamish wrote:

> However my 90W 20V power supply that came with the z60m and z61m seems to
> run very very hot... When running the z61m normally, and sitting on the
> floor (Carpeted) after about 6 hours it's almost too hot to hold...

I have had my Z60m plugged in all day and the power supply is only slightly
warmer than ambient right now. Under a high load (battery almost fully
discharged and watching a dvd) it will get quite warm, but not to the point
of being uncomfortable to hold.

I know that the Z61 has a different CPU and a few minor differences, but I
wouldn't think that it would be enough to draw that much more power. There is
something wrong if it is getting that hot.

Jeff