[ltp] Laptop dead after trying to backup C drive (sata) using Acronis True Image, help SVP

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 3 Dec 2006 21:11:38 -0500

On 12/3/06, Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@tikei.de> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 14:20:57 -0500, Don Perley wrote:
> > Well.... here's a guess..
> >
> > I can't believe a new windows machine would come with a FAT32 C
> > parition, so let's assume it started out as NTFS.
>
> Just believe it, some vendors do such things.

Actually I think most of the ThinkPads we've gotten in the last few
years come with a FAT32 drive.  When you boot it, one of the first
things it does is run the FAT32 to NTFS converter.  I've always been
kind of curious why they couldn't do that at the factory, but hey.

Thanks,
       Aaron