[ltp] Laptop dead after trying to backup C drive (sata) using Acronis True Image, help SVP

Mon, 04 Dec 2006 03:52:31 +0000

>=20
> James PEARSON wrote:
>  > Hello all,
>  >
>  > My problem concerns a friend's brand new Asus F3JM (Intel=C2=AE Core=
=E2=84=A2 2=20
> Duo
>  > T5500). Sorry about posting here but I am a bit desperate.
>  > The machine which was new and in its box yesterday
>  > is now dead. - no post - no lights when I hit the ON/OFF button -
>  > nothing
>  >

If the machine won't even post, then it's nothing to do with the=20
partitioning. Most likely, you bought a "lemon", and the process of=20
backing up "exercised" the hardware to the point where it failed. (Not=20
your fault, of course; just bad luck. Talk to the manufacturer!)

Richard