[ltp] Can bot use Fn+F7 to switch LCD/CRT on Thinkpad X60s

Tue, 5 Dec 2006 09:17:51 -0500

On 12/5/06, gulfstream <gulfstream.wang@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to switch lcd/crt in X window and tty, but xorg.conf is useful to
> xorg. How to do if I want to switch lcd/crt in tty?

fn-F7 should work, however, depending ot the mask setting for the ibm
hotkeys, they may be generating acpi events rather than actually
running the bios video switch routines.  It also may be a limitation
of the bios.  The bioses tend to be pretty picky about what modes they
will try on both outputs, especially if you are running vesa fb or
something similar.  Also, the intel chips are not able to drive both
LVDS and the DAC with the same crtc, so in order to do LVDS plus DAC,
you need both crtcs, which may not be possible in text mode.

Alex