[ltp] Sound on 770x

Wed, 06 Dec 2006 17:50:17 +0000

bhaskins@chartermi.net wrote:
> ---- rcmayfld@memphis.edu wrote:
>   > do i need to download /dev/dsp for sound?
>> i cant find this file on the HD......
>>
>> has anyone gotten the sound to run on the TP770x FC4
> Yes, and it works fine.
> The 770X and 770Z were/are great! little machines
>
> The problem is that I haven't done this in a long time
> and really can't remember much about it.
> You might search the archives of this list because there
> have been many postings about this in the past.
> I will search through my notes and will answer this if
> no one else does.
>> is there another distro that folks have had sucess
>> w/ on this machine?

I put Mandrake 9.2 on a 770Z a long time ago, and everything worked OK.
I recall that the sound worked fine, but wasn't autodetected, and I had
to run something like sndconfig.

I'd be very surprised if a modern distro has any trouble at all. Maybe
try a live CD (knoppix/ubuntu etc) for quick testing.

Actually, I even had Mandrake 7.2 on it once, complete with KDE 1.x and
kernel 2.2 !

Richard